About this Blog


This blog is about the process of getting a 1979 Yamaha V90 stepthru scooter from shed (barn) find to a running and useable machine.

The bike was bought by myself in the 1990's as nothing more than a temporary hack to work and back. That role I am happy to say it complete very well. Tuime moves on however and I soon found myself on four wheels with teh net result that the Yam found itself stored at the back of my fathers garage. There it stayed for the next 20 years till after my fathers death in 2015. On claering the various sheds out the bike was ehumed from its covered state and put to one side to await further attention or at the very least a decision on its fate.

It was during this year that I decided to seel my uncles old AJS 500 CS18. This was an excellent machine and had only covered 16k miles, but having ridden it a few times, I decided it wasn't really my cup of tea. So this was duly put up for sale with the result that the funds from this could go to restoring the little Yam. I have a small personal attachment to it and decided that it would be a fun project and something that could almost fit in the back of the car. So this sets the scene for what I hope will become an intersting blog for anyone with a passion to take on a similar challenge. my aim is to include several picstures and video os the basic tasks for other to respond to or offer their advice on.

In the next posting I hope to put up a few photos of the bike pre-resto.

Comments